Sparkling Jello Push Pops (for adults OR kids!)
Click HERE for original post on Modern Parents Messy Kids
This recipes makes about 1 dozen push pops. You will need empty plastic push-up pops, which can be found online. They are washable and reusable, so you can use them for future recipes as well.
- 20 ounces plus 10 ounces (30 ounces total) champagne, sparkling wine (like Mallow Run SIGNATURE or SPARKLING CATAWBA), or sparkling juice for a kid-friendly version!
- 2 tablespoons sugar (omit if you are using sparkling juice)
- 6 envelopes or 6 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- fruit, herbs, whipped cream or decorative food picks for topping
- Pour 20 ounces of your sparkling liquid into a medium saucepan. Add sugar for champagne or sparkling wine, but not for sparkling juices (the juice will be sweet enough). Sprinkle the gelatin over top of the liquid and let sit for a few minutes until the gelatin starts to bloom (that means the white powder disappears and the gelatin starts to activate in the liquid).
- Put the saucepan over low heat and whisk lightly until the gelatin is completely dissolved. You will know it is dissolved if you dip your finger into the liquid, rub your fingers together and the liquid is smooth – you don’t feel any grit or granules. Take it off the heat and mix with the remaining 10 ounces of liquid. Let the liquid rest until the foam dies down.
- Pour your liquid into the push-up pop container. (I found the best way to do this was to insert the disc into the main piece and then take out the stick so the container would sit flat for pouring and setting. I then gently pushed the sticks back in after the jello was set and I was assembling the toppings. You could also place your pops into your tray ahead of time, but they may not set completely level.) Let cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until the jello is set.
- Remove from the fridge and add toppings. Serve cold.
*To make the sugared fruit, dip the fruit in cooled simple syrup (1/2 cup sugar dissolved on the stove in 1/2 cup water, then cooled), then roll in coarse sugar and cool in the fridge.
Classic Sparkling Wine Cocktail (original post HERE)
Add 1 sugar cube soaked with 2 dashes bitters to ¾ cup SIGNATURE.
Ruby Red Grapefruit Fizz (original post HERE)
Mix together ¾ cup SIGNATURE, 1 tablespoon Cointreau, ¼ cup ruby red grapefruit juice, and ice cubes.
Boozy Raspberry Parfait (original post HERE)
Pour ¼ cup SIGNATURE or SPARKLING CATAWBA over ½ cup raspberry sorbet.
Top with ¼ cup raspberries and ¼ cup whipped cream.